I received the Versatile Blogger Award. Ta Dah! I would like to thank Zest at Sunshine Scrapbook for taking the time to check out my blog and deem me interesting enough to garner this award. I am humbly grateful for this encouraging nod. If you have a moment, check out her colorful blog.
- Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven random things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 bloggers you enjoy reading.
- Contact the bloggers and let them know about the award.
Seven random things about me:
1. I love everything Hawaiian especially that 50/60s kitschy view of Hawaii life. I listen to Hawaiian music while I work … a lot. When I was young, I wanted to live in the Tiki Room at Disneyland. Come to think of it, I still do.
2. I like Starbursts (the pink ones), Gummi Bears (the clear, pineapple ones) and Milk Bordeaux chocolates from See’s Candies (the best flavor in the world, so why would I waste my tastebuds on a different flavor?).
3. I love books. I am somewhat of a hardback book snob, they are my favorites. And while I do own a Nook, I am still obsessed with old, hard cover books, especially the library versions.
4. The first thing I do when I open a new book is smell the pages. Don’t laugh, I’m sure many of you do the same.
5. Back in the day, I was Head Cheerleader, a dancer, theater geek, baton twirler and Vice President of the Travel Club. Today, I am none of these things.
6. I have steered the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise CVN 65 (for like 5 minutes – my Dad worked on the bridge) and appeared on stage at the Grand Ole’ Opry (with a group of majorettes touring Nashville for a competition). So, now if you ever play the game Two Truths and a Lie with me, you will know my ‘go to’ truths!
7. I have a husband, five kids, one son-in-law and a cat. Life is good.
Here are some versatile blogs I enjoy visiting:
1. ThruJim’sEyes Blog: A lot of Aloha … James Christopher writes about his adventures and year of living in Hawaii. So cool!
2. Postcard from a Wanderer: Abby lives in London and is traveling through South East Asia, India and Nepal offering inspirations to others … especially solo travelists.
3. Sail Motu Iti: These bloggers are traveling around the Bahamas in a sail boat … and telling us all about life onboard a vessel!
4. Have Baggage, Will Travel: These two friends get together, travel and then tells the tales of their adventures. Fun.
5. Nailed It/Failed It: The ultimate Pinterest challenge! She takes Pinterest posts … does them … and reports back with a Nailed It or Failed It blog post. I’m addicted.
6. That Does Not Suck: She makes food, takes pictures of it and tells us all about it. Love it.
7. Becca’s Baking: Becca bakes, gives us recipes and shows us how to do it! I can’t wait to make her Pineapple Cheese Braid.
8. Susan Kiernan-Lewis: She is fearless in her focus as a freelance writer … plus, Susan gives a lot of insight into the world of self-publishing.
9. The Write Transition: Carrie Rubin is a physician turned writer and interesting blog poster!
10. Cristian Mihai: Another great blogger with an interesting outlook on his life as a writer.
11. Bad Parenting 101: A humorous lifestyle blog that I am oh, so happy I have found.
12. ForeveRebekka: Her blog is young, insightful and full of promise. Plus she has the best Bucket List I have ever seen.
13. Closet Strategy: She writes a style diary. I somehow missed the ‘style’ gene … maybe her style inspirations will rub off on me. Please.
14. Blogging Out Loud: Marketing tips for bloggers … hello!
15. Going Manual: And finally last, but certainly not least. For great photography insights into going manual, this blog has it all … and it belongs to my favorite photographer, Rod Deutschmann!
Thank you all for sharing your slice of the blogosphere … and for making my days richer because of it.